
This morning on the way into City Mission a saw an interesting happening. The picture of the happening is above.
Since I knew the woman in the buggy I said "What are you guys doing?" She said "I got a nail in my foot and I can't walk. So my friends are taking me around the corner." When I asked her if she was planning on going to the doctor she replied "No, I got shot last month and they gave me a tetanus shot, so they won't do anything for me now." I encouraged her to see a doctor and then asked if I could take her picture. She agreed. And then they made sure to get their beer cans and the like out of the buggy and not in the picture. They said "this is for City Mission we can't have that stuff in the picture."
This woman comes to Bible Study at City Mission each week. She knows her Bible. We at City Mission want to continue to love her. What a picture of love her friend pushing her in a buggy. What a picture of Christ's love people welcomed in Bible Study when they are still in their "stuff".
"No greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend." John 15:13
No comments:
Post a Comment