
For the next 365 days I, Nicole Aikens (Executive Director) want to share with you what it is like to live, breath, eat and love "the Work" of City Mission.
Isaiah 58:6-12
This picture is of Jamila (Jami) Aikens, my daughter with her very best friends. They had their first "Friendship Meeting" on Saturday at my house. They took an oath to always be friends and to be nice to one another and to others. They had to dip their two promise fingers in water and then put them over their heart.
There was a lot of giggling. It a blessing to hear these children laugh together and love one another.
I should also mention that Jami announced last week that she is officially "Brown". At City Mission the kids call us "Cream" and they are "Brown". She announced it to us as her family and then to her classmates as they are her family as well.
We are family around here. I hope that you will get to know us as your family as you read about the exciting things that happen everyday at City Mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment