Yep, that's what it was. Girls night at Miss Jessi's house. We spent the night laughing and dancing and eating enough for three days. All the mentoring girls were invited over for a pre night of fun before the big event the Girls Matter conference on Saturday. They slept little, I slept much (fortunately, I can sleep through anything!). But, come 7:00 on Saturday morning we were moving much more slowly than the dance moves I saw the night before.
We had to be out the door by 7:45 to pick up the rest of the neighborhood girls to head out to Novi for the conference. The conference was a day all about girls and empowerment. The keynote speaker reminded us that the way we play games is the way we live life. We had a blast with her and were inspired to wake up each day and remind ourselves, "I am beautiful, I am smart, I am legendary..." and so on.
Though we were sleepy from the previous nights fesitivies but the weekend was a success and there were so many beautiful moments shared with these incredible young ladies.
Stay tuned for girls night #2- if I'm really that brave!
No comments:
Post a Comment